What is the language HUB room?
The HUB is a free drop-in space where you can interact with international students and tutors whose native languages include English, German, French, Russian, Chinese and more. It is also a place where you can take advantage of films, paperbacks and books on exam preparation for various languages. In short, the HUB is a place that provides all sorts of foreign language learning resources, both written and spoken.
Where is the language HUB room?
You’ll find the HUB in room D408 at Tsurukabuto Campus 1, Kobe University.
[Opening hours] Weekdays 10:40 ~ 17:00
★ When entering the room, please fill out the user book near the entrance ★
What is a tutor session?
This is a foreign language activity conducted in the language HUB room.
The tutors (usually grad students) are native speakers of English, German, French, Chinese, and other languages, and they are stationed during the allotted times. You can talk with them about whatever you want, including daily life, homework, studying abroad, politics, your career path, or the future! Don’t come expecting a language class–it’s a free conversation, so expect to be asking questions and taking a active role in the talk. It’s an ideal way to improve your language skills!
In addition to speaking, you can also enjoy playing board games in the language hub room.
Walk in (and out) whenever you like! No reservation required.
★ Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join a tutor session! ★
How to Use the Language HUB?
No reservations are needed– just drop in!
Who are the Tutors?
Absent tutors / Other information
International Student Exchange Party
Thank you all for gathering!
★ ☆ We have held the International Student Exchange Party as followed ☆ ★
【Date and Time】：July, 17 (Wed.) 17:00
【Place】：Tsurukabuto 1st Campus, SOLAC (D-building), 4F, Language HUB (D408)
About the HUB LibraryWhat is the HUB Library?
The Language HUB Library has books in many languages, including English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Russian and Korean. There are also a variety of novels, graded readers, language exams, magazines, picture books, dictionaries, NHK texts, CDs, and comics.
- You can use the library anytime the language HUB room is open.
- To borrow a book, please fill out the loan slip provided.
- You can borrow up to three books at a time, and the loan period is one week.
- You can use the HUB Library even if while a tutor session is happening.
- Please feel free to contact the help desk (D501) if you have additional books you want us to order.
Introduction to E-books
★ Find the best book at your level! ★
The well-known graded reader series MACMILLAN READERS is also available as E-books!
New book arrivals
February 19, 2019 (Announced)
- 『中日大辭典 第3版』
- 『動詞・形容詞から引く 中国語補語用例 20000』
- 『現代漢語詞典 第7版』
- 『Dictionnaire Hachette Junior de poche』
- 『TEST D’EVALUATION DE FRANCAIS』
- 『DELF Scolaire et Junior』 A1, A2, B1
- 月刊NHKラジオ 『まいにちロシア語』 2018年4月～2019年3月号
- 『ロシア語のしくみ 《新版》』
December 17, 2018 (Announced)
- 『TOEIC L&R TEST 出る単特急 銀のフレーズ』
- 『TOEIC L&R TEST 出る単特急 金のフレーズ』
- 『公式 TOEIC Listening&Reading 問題集 2』
- 『公式 TOEIC Listening&Reading 問題集 3』
- 『公式 TOEIC Listening&Reading 問題集 4』
- 『実践 IELTS 技能問題集 スピーキング』
- 『実践 IELTS 技能問題集 ライティング』
- 『ベーシッククラウン 独和・和独辞典 小型版』
- 『アポロン 独和辞典 第3版』
- 『クラウン 独和辞典 第5版』
- 『アクセス 独和辞典 第3版』
- 『よくでる分野をまとめて覚える 独検イラスト単語集 2・3・4級レベル』
- 『独検対応 クラウン ドイツ語単語 1600』
- 『Knock knock, Lithuania』
- 『Castles and Manors of Lithuania』
- 『LITHUANIA UNESCO World Heritage』
- 『1 Vilnius. Eime! Vilnius. Let’ go!』
- 『2 Vilnius. Eime! Vilnius. Let’s go!』
SOLAC Email Magazine Hubnews
SOLAC sends notices related to the Language HUB via the weekly email magazine Hubnews.
SOLAC Official Twitter Account
SOLAC spreads valuable information and news for all viewers. Please follow us!